Full Circle Systems Security & Defense is a growing world leader in personnel safety and development. We accomplish this by our exclusive combination of safety and security training, leadership and organizational development. We take the in depth and long-term approach with people and teams to accomplish what others only scratch the surface. Our organization is made up of elite level operators and subject matter experts in these complementary areas. We use and also develop the latest in technology and systems for delivering and serving our partners.
We have one mission. No matter who you are, at the end of our day we want you to go home at the end of your day. We are Full Circle Systems Security and Defense.
Key Full Circle Systems Security and Defense Team
Chief Executive Officer and Founder
Richard (Rick) Seigmund: Rick has over twenty years of business development, executive leadership, and ownership experience. He has fine-tuned his ability to manage multi-faceted projects, developments, and companies in his experience as a custom home builder and developer.
Rick has also served as a United States Border Patrol (USBP) Agent. While serving in the USBP, he was detailed and assigned to the Drug Enforcement Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigations, Joint Terrorism Task Force, as well as the San Diego Gang Task Force. While in the USBP, Rick’s responsibilities included threat assessment, intelligence, and critical infrastructure hardening.
Rick has extensive experience safety, security, and criminal and international/domestic terrorism issues and trends. Rick’s specialty and passion is in the development, analysis, designing, implementing, and training safety and security procedures and is a subject matter expert in team development, leadership, and project management.
Rick’s vision when forming Full Circle Systems Security and Defense was to fundamentally improve the safety and security industry and how it serves people worldwide. We are well on the way to making that happen.
Chief Operations Officer and Founder
Dennis (DJ) Phalen: DJ brings years of service from military, public, and private sectors. The following is a brief overview of his achievements and areas of expertise.
He holds a Master’s degree in Homeland Security and a Bachelor of Science in Public Health and has held university professorships as well as a university Program Director role teaching, writing, and developing courses for the Criminal Justice/Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Fire, and Emergency Services programs; courses such as the university’s Active Shooter Conference Plan, Terrorism Response Operations, Terrorism Incident Management, Emergency Procedures, Special Operations EMS, Disaster Planning and Management, Critical Infrastructure Protection, and Preparedness and Response Partners.
He has professional experience in the fields of counterterrorism, EMS and special operations EMS, search and rescue, federal and local disaster and medical teams (Disaster Medical Assistance Team (DMAT) and Medical Reserve Corp (MRC), law enforcement, firefighting, and healthcare/ healthcare leadership. He has completed the Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings (IRTB), and Prevention of and Response to Suicide Bombing Incidents (PRSBI) Technical Operations (Instructor) courses.
He has additionally worked as a consultant and subject matter expert (SME) reviewing and revising new and existing FEMA/DHS training courses, served as the counterterrorism and hospital counterterrorism advisor and trainer for a private security contractor, currently serves as a SME (Homeland Defense and Security and Medical) for the Homeland Defense and Security Information Analysis Center (HDIAC), and regularly contributes to several peer-reviewed professional journals, newsletters, and blogs in the terrorism and counterterrorism and emergency management communities.
DJ has extensive experience creating/designing, implementing, and training safety and security procedures and teams, assessing and implementing emergency operation center (EOC) teams and environments, and has operated in EOC and incident roles in both planned and crisis events in both private and public-sector environments and emergencies. He also served as on the Secondary Review Group (SRG) member for the 2014 Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) national revision.
Senior Director of Emergency Medicine and Disaster Operations
Matt Parker: Matt comes to FCS as a consultant after decades in healthcare and disaster management. Matt has a degree in Healthcare Management and is a nationally certified Surgical Assistant with 25 years of experience in the operating room providing trauma care to a wide variety of patients and managing all functions of a level 1 Surgical Services division. Matt served in the US Navy as a Fleet Marine Force (FMF) trained Corpsman serving alongside Marines in critical care settings and operating rooms at multiple duty stations. While working at premier level 1 trauma centers in Southern California, Matt was instrumental in managing disaster response teams and helped train all acute care hospitals in San Diego and surrounding counties on surge planning and care of pediatric patients during disasters. Matt also developed and was a principal trainer for a de-escalation training program for clinical, security, and support staff in high pressure areas of a premier trauma center in San Diego. Matt trained over 700 staff in defensive tactics, recognition of escalating behavior and de-escalation techniques and responses (including the safe and ethical use of physical and chemical restraints). While managing the “Code Grey Response Team”, Matt personally responded to and oversaw a successful response to 100’s of critical events. Matt served as a Terrorism Liaison Officer (TLO) with a regional fusion center and has extensive training in international and domestic terrorism. Matt is a certified trainer for the US Department of Homeland Security Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings (IRTB), and Prevention of and Response to Suicide Bombing Incidents (PRSBI) Technical Operations (Instructor) courses. Matt has been instrumental in developing disaster response plans and de-escalation training for specialized environments and clients.
Senior Security Advisor
Branndon McElroy is a Senior Security Advisor at FCS. In addition to currently serving as a Sheriff’s Deputy for a major US county, he has served as a police officer and trained with the SIT Team for a large, metropolitan police department. Prior to serving in the civilian law enforcement community, Branndon was a Security Force Specialist/Military Police officer in the United States Air Force where he was responsible for ensuring the safety of all base weapons, property, and personnel from hostile forces, directing vehicle and pedestrian traffic on base, conducting investigations, training team patrol movements, tactical drills, battle procedures, and military operations other than war. He was team leader for numerous security missions critical to the Air Force mission, completed ground warfare training course, served as a Combat Arms Instructor, and deployed to Afghanistan in 2013 as a Security Force Specialist. He is currently completing his degree in criminal justice through the USAF.
Other relevant experience among FCS staff
- Current and former law enforcement, EMS, and hospital staff
- Significant experience in the healthcare environment (hospitals and clinics) and the pre-hospital environment (FCS has worked with some of the largest healthcare organization in the United States and on both coasts)
- Substantial experience in hospital-based safety and security training, operations, and work group creation
- Defense tactics instructors
- Consultant / Subject Matter Experts (Course Review DHS/FEMA Courses) such as Emergency Medical Operations for CBRNE, Emergency Response to Terrorism-Operations, Basic Emergency Medical Services for CBRNE Events, Responding to the Unique Evacuation and Shelter-in-Place Needs of the Medically Dependent People during a Disaster Situation, Hospital Evacuations, Evacuation and Shelter-in-Place of Medically Dependent People in High-Occupancy Facilities: Awareness Level and Performance Level
- Subject Matter Expert (Homeland Defense and Security and Medical) for the Homeland Defense and Security Information Analysis Center (HDIAC).
- Hospital Counter-Terrorism Advisor/Trainer for private sector security contractor
- Disaster Medical Assistance Team member
- Cyber Health Working Group (InfraGard – National Capital Region Chapter)
- Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) 2014 Revision Secondary Review Group Member
- Pediatric Surge Training “Train-the-Trainer” for County: Pediatric Surge training course for General Acute Care hospitals in large California County
- Subject Matter Expert (SME), Active shooters/active killers, CBRNE, Terrorism, Triage, Decontamination
- Former Medical Terrorism Liaison Officer Coordinator (San Diego County)
- International Association of Healthcare Safety & Security – Certified Healthcare Security Officer (CHSO)
Frequent contributors of journals and media
- Journal of Counterterrorism and Homeland Security: The International Association of Counterterrorism and Security Professionals (IACSP)
- InfraGard San Diego Members Alliance
- Emergency Services Chronicle
- Emergency Management Magazine & EmergencyMgmt.com